27.6.16

2016 AMNESIA ROCKFEST MUSIC FESTIVAL

I just came back from an amazing weekend! I went to Canada's largest rock festival, the Rockfest in Montebello. It was my first time going there and it was amazing! There were so many great bands I was excited to see performing  live: The Used, Bring Me The Horizon, Billy Talent, Sum 41, Underoath, A Day To Remember, Blink 182, Millencollin, Ice Cube, Rise Against... Let me tell you that it was a hell of a lineup!

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival


Montebello is a small town located in the province of Quebec. The festival takes place in the parking lot of the municipal marina. Five stages have been set up next to the Ottawa river. Approximately 200 000 people showed this year! It was literally packed everywhere!!!! The residents are very tolerant during the festival. Some of them are renting camping spots and shower on their private property. We camped there for one night so we could attend both days of the festival and live the full experience.
We were lucky enough to have a beautiful weather during our stay. It was super hot and sunny (thank god, no rain!) but I must admit that there was not a lot a shade around the site and we didn't see any rest area to cool down. Other than that, the overall experience was really fun. Food trucks were on site to satisfy everyone's appetite. Spin Skatepark and Amnesia were also present and brought their quarter pipe ramp so skateboarders could ride during the day. I even had the chance to assist one of the free course they offered to girls. I loved it!!!!
On the second morning, we had a brunch at the luxurious hotel Chateau Montebello. That's where most of the bands are staying during the festival. It's such a beautiful place surrounded by trees, right next to the river. We walked around the hotel to admire the landscape and the amazing view of the river. Some people and a lot of bands are going to the festival by the sea. How cool is that??

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival


2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival

2016 Amnesia Rockfest Music Festival


Is there any of you who are attending a music festival this Summer?
If I could, I think I would go to one every weekend :) It's the best!!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all my comments so feel free to let me know what you think! I'll try my best to answer everyone <3 xox