16.3.16

YOU CAN CALL ME CRY BABY

Good news, Melanie Martinez finally released her music video for the song titled album Cry Baby. If you're already following me on Twitter, then you know that I'm a big fan of her because I retweet a lot of her stuff on my account :)

Cry Baby is not only the title of her debut album, there's a whole concept behind it. Everything she does is reinforcing this idea dark fairytale and her obsession with childhood. This new video is as twisted and spectacular as the ones she previously released: ''Pity Party'', ''Soap'' or ''Carousel'' (you can insert here all of her previous videos, lol!).

In many interviews, Melanie stated that during her writing process, she always visualizes what the video would look like all at the same time. She also admitted that in a perfect world, she would love to release a video for each of her songs so people can see the complete image that she had in mind when she wrote the song.

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez





New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez
(Image Source: Twitter)

Sincerely, I just love everything about her! The fact that she's so different and still stay true to herself is remarkable. She's a sweet girl who's not afraid to show the world that she isn't perfect. She's not hiding her evil side or anything. She keeping things real, not matter what.
You can see that she puts a lot of efforts and hard work onto her album and directing her own videos. The results are always exceeding expectations. As soon as I saw her first music video, I connected right away. I think we might share the same imaginary world or something like that 💕

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez


New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez
New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez
New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez


New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez

New Cry Baby video Melanie Martinez


(Images source: Melanie's Instagram)

I'll be attending Melanie's show in Montreal on March 23rd. I'll probably write a new blog post in which I'll include some live pictures of the show :)

Any other cry babies out there??



1 comment :

  1. I really like her music and her messages. Dollhouse is a great song, which I know isn't on Cry Baby. Enjoy the show!

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments so feel free to let me know what you think! I'll try my best to answer everyone <3 xox