16.8.15

DIY PINBOARD

I recently came up with this idea of making my own pinboard for my hallway. Thought it would be practical for regrouping our notes, pictures and some postcards all in one spot. I wanted something more original than the classic cork boards that are usually sold in stores. I decided to use metal grids for a modern & minimalist look.





I used three small metal grids I got at the dollar store. They were in the cooking section, normally made to cool down food. I hung them horizontally one on top of the other on the wall.
Then wrapped string lights all around each of the metal grids. Got mine from Ankit*. They have quite a large selection of different string lights with different shapes and colors. Adding some lights to the board makes it more dynamic.
Finally, I simply used some mini clothes pins to display Post-it notes and some Polaroids pictures. 

Quite simple, right?
Let me know what you think of the result :)

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!


2 comments :

  1. wow, that is so much cuter than a regular cork pinboard :)

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! It looks so clean and modern :)

    www.newenglandgothic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read all my comments so feel free to let me know what you think! I'll try my best to answer everyone <3 xox